Sunday, July 27, 2014

Inception of the Aero Series

July 25, 2012 was a special day in my art career. On July 26, 2012, I told the world about it. And now exactly 2 years later, I want to commemorate the anniversary of the inception of the Aero Series, a collection of cloudscape, skyscape, and aerial view paintings.

A trip to New Mexico in 2008 planted the seeds of the idea of painting clouds and views out airplane windows. Since then, I've accumulated thousands of photos as reference material. It wasn't until a flight from Chicago to LA in July 2012 that the idea became a plan of action and commitment to name the series, envision the paintings, and make a public declaration of what was about to happen before I had even put brush to canvas. See for yourself here:


(NOTE: My new Facebook page is www.facebok.com/reyesfineart)

Two years and over 40 paintings later, the numerous public exhibitions and multiple sales of these travel-inspired works are living proof that the Aero Series is alive, well, and thriving. The following Aeroscapes are currently featured on my website:

See them all full size at www.aeroscapeart.com
The Aero Series grows every time I look up at home or out my window seat flying to my next destination. The move to my old studio on 6th Street created the environment for the Aero Series to come into being. Who knows what creative breakthroughs the move into my new studio on Hill Street will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment