Monday, August 31, 2009

Santa Fe Paintings - August 2009 Trip

The following are photos of the paintings I created on-site in Santa Fe earlier this month. Instead of bringing my easel to a location to paint like my trips in 2008, I took pictures with my EOS Rebel from multiple locations, and then selected one image from all the photos to then translate into a painting back at my friend Todd's art studio. Sort of a visual art photo safari. This technique allowed me to see more different locations over a 4 day period than the traditional plein air method, and to use oil paints rather than the water-based goauche paint I bring into to the field.

Los Alamos Sunset
Oil on cardboard / 6 x 8"


View from Santa Fe Opera
Oil on canvas / 18 x 24"



Bandelier Sunset
Oil on canvas / 18 x 24"



Santa Fe Cloudscape
Oil on cardboard / 6 x 8"

No comments:

Post a Comment